The Rocket Mortgage Classic Fan Experience
Carla Ayers3-minute read
August 15, 2022
They say if you dream a thing more than once, it’s sure to come true. For the fourth year in a row, the Rocket Mortgage Classic has been a dream come true for golf fans in Southeastern Michigan. What started as a vision to bring a world-class golf event to Detroit has turned into an unforgettable fan experience.
About The Rocket Mortgage Classic
The Rocket Mortgage Classic tournament is part of the Open Qualifying Series that gives up to two non-exempt players entry into The Open Championship. With the Rocket Mortgage Classic taking place before the FedEx Cup Playoffs, the tournament brought big names like Tony Finau, Patrick Cantlay and Scottie Scheffler to the Motor City.
Since its inception, the Rocket Mortgage Classic has continued to revolutionize the fan experience for golf enthusiasts visiting from across the country. With the historic Detroit Golf Club as host, the event featured incredible opportunities to get up close and personal with all the action.
Ticket holders had access to the following:
- High Noon Sun Deck: Located near the 17th green, fans were able to watch players approach the 17th green and take breathtaking photos from the elevated viewpoint.
- AREA 313 Village: Located near the tournament’s largest concessions stand, fans who didn’t want to miss the action or the delicious food and drink were welcome to relax in AREA 313. The space featured a giant LED videoboard, so no one missed a swing.
- AREA 313 Grove: This tree-lined, shaded location between holes 10, 11 and 14 was the perfect spot for friends and family to spread out and enjoy the gorgeous weather and enjoy a local menu of tournament treats and drinks.
- Treehouse: Adjacent to the green at the par-3 fifth hole, the elevated Treehouse provided 360-degree views of five holes of professional golf.
- The Turn: Brand new to the Rocket Mortgage Classic, The Turn featured raised stadium-style seating with a perfect view of the first tee. The adjoining lounge overlooked the par-3 ninth hole giving fans an experience like never before.
- CDW Youth Golf Zone: Fans who attended with children were not disappointed. Located along the second hole, this space was designed for kids of all ages to take a break from the pros and have some fun with hands-on interactive golf-related activities and games.
Exclusive for Rocket Mortgage Clients
Rocket Mortgage has a deep appreciation for their clients, and it shows. In addition to the access mentioned above, ticket holders who were also clients of Rocket Mortgage were given surprise red-carpet treatment.
To say thank you, Rocket Mortgage clients who attended the Rocket Mortgage Classic were able to visit the fan zone and receive a gift and enter the sweepstakes for chance to win entry into the Rocket Mortgage Chalet. It pays to pay attention to your email because the winners chosen were treated to an incredible day of fun, sun, and of course professional golf.
The winners of the sweepstakes spent their Sunday watching world-class pro golf from the ultra-exclusive Rocket Mortgage Chalet called the 1899 CLUB. The chalet featured a menu curated by local celebrity chefs and drink suggestions from the on-staff sommelier, making the experience truly one of a kind. All just for being a valued client.
Need extra cash for home improvement?
Use your home equity for a cash-out refinance.
To help spread the love of golf, this year Detroiters were invited to experience the Rocket Mortgage Classic for themselves. On Tuesday and Wednesday of tournament week, local golf fans and their families were given complimentary admission and access celebrating all things Detroit and golf.
Rocket Mortgage and the PGA Tour have worked hard to establish an event that has a lasting impact on golf fans, as well as neighborhoods throughout Detroit. The Rocket Mortgage Classic uses its platform to help fundraise for charitable causes that need a boost to move Detroit forward.
This year’s focus was the Changing the Course initiative. This program’s goal is to end the digital divide in Detroit by making data-driven investments in the city of Detroit. With the help of philanthropic partners who help provide technology, internet access, and digital literacy training, the goal is to ensure residents have access to these tools within a 15-minute walk from their home.
In 2019 the Rocket Mortgage Classic raised $1.2 million and in 2020 more than doubled their efforts by raising $2.7 million. More than $3.5 million of these proceeds were invested directly into Detroit and Southeast Michigan-based organizations. In that same time frame, 30% of Detroit homes were considered digitally included. Today nearly 70% of Detroit households are now digitally included.
The Bottom Line
If you couldn’t attend the Rocket Mortgage Classic in person this year, you’ll have to wait until next year to experience this one-of-a-kind golf tournament. Whether you are a golf fanatic or just looking for a new and exciting annual outing, the Rocket Mortgage Classic is a bucket list event you can look forward to every year.
Want to make sure you’re in the know when big things happen? Check out the Rocket Mortgage app and sign up for the newsletter. With the Rocket Mortgage app, you can manage your mortgage at your pace.
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
Introducing The Home Equity Loan From Rocket Mortgage®
Loan Types - 5-minute read
Kevin Graham - September 19, 2022
We’re offering a Home Equity Loan! We’ll go over what it is, the pros and cons, the requirements and help you determine whether it makes sense for you.
Making Escrow Simpler Through Rocket Mortgage®
Servicing - 6-minute read
Melissa Brock - September 19, 2022
With a Rocket Mortgage escrow account, we’ll make your property tax and homeowners insurance payments easier to manage. Learn more about our escrow services.